Friday, April 30, 2010

Another Messy One

Some pictures I'm not very proud of.
But some dishes taste better than they look.
James decided pretty late that he did want something for dinner (or maybe I wasn't listening -- oops) so I needed to whip something up in a hurry. I still haven't been shopping (I really do like the food from nothing game) so I got to be a little creative.
I sautéed some jarred broad beans (found those at a little Spanish import store -- delish!) in a bit of olive oil, prosciutto, and onion heavily spiced with chili peppers and oregano and garlic. While those flavors melded I fast cooked some potatoes -- dare I say it in the microwave. The beans topped the split open potatoes, tangy sheep's milk cheese topped the beans, and after a few minutes in the broiler dinner was served.
Not pretty but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment