Saturday, September 25, 2010

Meatballs For Dinner

This week James has been all about ground beef. All he wants are burgers. I had to mix it up a bit so I seasoned some of our Hearst Ranch ground beef with parsley, chopped red onions, dried basil and minced garlic and added in some bread crumbs, an egg, parmesan cheese, and for something different some chopped arugula. I rolled the mixture into smallish balls (about a golf ball) and rolled each meatball lightly in breadcrumbs. Just to make everything a little easier I baked the meatballs at 400º for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile I boiled cauliflower florets until tender, then puréed them in the food processor with butter, salt, olive oil, milk, and a bit of parmesan cheese. For a nice contrast of bitterness -- not to mention color, I sautéed some radicchio with a touch of balsamic vinegar and golden raisins to mellow it's assertive flavor.
Meatballs for dinner in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment