Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Simple Supper Soup

A rainy early fall day. A perfect time for soup. Sausage, kale and potato (homegrown) soup.
I stared by sautéing the sausages in a little olive oil for about 10 minutes -- until lightly browned on the outside and just about cooked through. Then I removed the sausages and added lots of chopped onions, garlic, and crushed red peppers (also homegrown) to the fat in the pan and let them sauté until the onions were just starting to brown Then I added back in the sliced sausage along with sliced potatoes and coarsely chopped kale. I gave those a few turns in the oil and then added in chicken broth (homemade of course) and brought everything to a boil. I let the soup simmer fro 30 minutes until the potatoes were tender and served it piping hot with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and crispy parmesan croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment