Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pizza Sunday

James hardly ever asks for anything. But yesterday he said -- "Honey can we have pizza sometime?" So I figured there is no time like the present. I pulled out a trusty dough recipe ( I have two I particularly like -- one from Carol Field's The Italian Baker -- one of my favorite bread books of all times and the other, No Knead Pizza Dough from NYC bread savant/ carb idol Jim Lahey), sauteed some onions in the last scraps of pancetta, chopped red peppers from the garden, sliced crimini mushrooms, and cooked up some ground beef with garlic, crushed red peppers, fennel seeds and tomato paste. Next time I have to remember to split that dough into two balls so I can use my pizza stone. When I rolled it out I realized it was just too big and I was either going to have to re-roll (really don't like to do that -- I think it makes the crust tough) or use a sheet pan instead and well, truth be told, I'm a little disturbed by the eerie similarity to Hamburger Helper Pizza Bake . . . . visible shudder!

No comments:

Post a Comment