Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sonoma County Fair

Sniff. Another summer and fair season has come to an end. The Sonoma County Fair is the last of three near us and the biggest of the season. This year was not my best showing. True I am carting home two blue ribbons which, as James reminds me, is more than a lot of the jam making ladies received. 
Win or lose. I love the fair -- the contests, the animals, the exhibits, and of course the ribbons.

Sonoma County's Dairy Princess has the honor of awarding the rosette for Supreme Champion Dairy Female in the open (adult) competition. Surely a highlight of her rule.


Three blue ribbons this year for my latest batch of pickled green tomatoes, an annual entry for me. 

 The supreme champion herself, surveying her domain.
 Another happy ending to another happy fair. I'm already working on next year's ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment