Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chicken Stew

Something warm and comforting for a rainy day. Something Easy.
I browned some chicken breast in olive oil and set them aside. I added cubed potatoes,bell peppers, celery, onion and two minced cloves of garlic to the skillet along with a couple chopped strips of bacon and let them sauté until just barely browned. I tossed in a few TBs of flour and stirred for a few minutes to lose the flour taste and then poured in about 3/4 cup of white wine and let that cook down for about 3 minutes. Then I added in a few cups of stock, a bay leaf and a couple sprigs of thyme, returned the chicken to the pot and let the stew simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, added the kernels from two ears of corn, recovered the pot and cooked 5 minutes more until the chicken ( I cut the breasts in half) was cooked through.
As a last touch I stirred just a bit of milk into the sauce before serving.
Something warm for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment