Thursday, November 5, 2009

Spaghetti Again?

We are a spaghetti family. When I can't think of anything else, we're running short on time, the cupboard seems bare . . . there is always spaghetti.
Last night a chunk of bacon left from Sunday's Boeuf Bourguignon a la Julia, a bunch of Kale I thought would be good for something when I saw it at the farmer's market, and a couple spoonfuls of ricotta hiding on the top shelf of the fridge became pasta dinner on the quick.
I sautéed the chopped bacon in a bit of olive oil (over medium heat and let it crisp), added in half a sliced onion, and a chopped clove of garlic and let everything cook until the onions were soft and just starting to brown. I added in the chopped kale and cooked until the greens were just wilted. When the spaghetti was barely al dente I added the drained pasta, chopped parsley, about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and a bout 1/4 cup of ricotta to the frying pan and stirred over medium heat until just combined.
Top with grated parmesan for a 20 minute week night dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment