Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ground Beef Spaghetti

I don't think there is anything in the least bit authentic about this spaghetti. It's more Women's Day" than Mario Batali. But there is something homey and comforting about it and James requests the dish often.
All I do is sauté ground beef  in olive oil with onions, garlic, chile flakes, fennel seeds and oregano. From there I improvise. When I have tomato paste I use a bit. Sometimes I mix in chopped bacon or prosciutto. Tonight I deglazed the pan with wine (well okay it was champagne I had in the fridge from the other day's dinner). Since James loves broccoli and since I am trying to eat less pasta these days I cooked broccoli in the pasta cooking water and mixed it into the drained spaghetti along with the sauce, a good sized pat of butter and a handful of shredded parmesan.
Nothing fancy, but a popular dish around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment