Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fast And Easy Lazy Night Spaghetti

Tonight I just started throwing ingredients in a pan. Half working on making spaghetti half thinking about clearing out the fridge.
First I browned some cubes of spicy salami with rounds of yellow squash and a fresh hot chili pepper. After about 5 minutes in a covered pan the squash was starting to brown and I had to make a decision. Should I mix up some eggs and parmesan and make a sort of squash carbonara or should I reach for the leftover lettuce mint pesto waiting in the fridge? I always like a hint of mint with summer squash so when the pasta was drained and back in the waiting pot I mixed in the sautéed squash, a splash of cooking water, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and a healthy sized spoonful of fresh-tasting, flavorful pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment