Monday, October 26, 2009

Turkey Meatballs

Nothing fancy. A little Sunday evening comfort food. Lately I've been feeling a little below par in the dinner category so I needed to stack the deck -- I dug out a never fail favorite.
I mixed ground turkey with grated onion, minced garlic, bread crumbs, an egg, parsley, parmesan and romano cheeses, S&P, and believe it or not a little ketchup and rolled little walnut-sized meatballs. The meatballs were browned in a little olive oil and popped into a bubbling pot of sauce (olive oil, onion, carrot, garlic and home canned tomatoes -- if I'd had celery I would have tossed some in) to cook through. Along side -- what could be easier -- oven roasted summer squash with plenty of olive oil and oregano and toasted flat breads topped with herbs and cheese. Sure fire winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment