Sunday, December 5, 2010

Black and Brown

The crock pot is the place for beans. No need to soak. Just toss them in, add seasonings, turn the pot to low and forget about it. I had a bunch of little chores to finish around the house so I let dinner bubble away while I went about my business. I combined 1 pound of black beans, 2 chopped red peppers, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 tsp chili powder, about 1 TB chopped canned chipotle chiles with the sauce, 1 TB cumin, and 1 chopped onion with about 6 cups of vegetable broth ( I was trying to make a veggie version) and turned it to low.
Just to make the complete appliance dinner I popped some brown rice in the rice cooker. When James was ready for dinner all I had to do was put dinner on a plate and top with a little cotija cheese and chopped onion. Modern convenience on a slow cooker Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment