Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Hanukah

Because there is nothing James likes quite so much as fried potatoes and it's that time of year I grated some potatoes and made a batch of latkes (potato pancakes) for his dinner. Tradition be damned I wiped them up in the food processor. I grated 3 russet potatoes and 1 onion, Then in a bowl I mixed in two eggs and about 3/4 cup of mazoh meal (I just happened to have it otherwise I would have used flour) and a good bit of salt and pepper. I shallow fried the little pancakes in peanut oil until browned on both sides and served them with a dollop of homemade applesauce (4 chopped peeled apples, 1/4 cup of sugar , 1 tsp of cinnamon and 3/4 cup water cooked in a covered saucepan for about 15 minutes and then puréed),
A holiday about fried foods -- that's a holiday I can get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment