Monday, December 26, 2011

House Favorite, Local Treat

Grilled oysters. James' specialty.
We usually pop them on the grill and invite a few hundred of our closest friends for a feast. Tonight it was just us two and a little drizzly so I moved our BBQ inside and roasted a dozen big, beautiful, local oysters in the oven. After about 15 minutes at 450 they had popped open enough for me to pull off the top, flat shell. I dressed each oysters with a pat of flavored butter. Tonight I made a combo of butter, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers, hot sauce, cayenne, lemon juice, chives, plenty of garlic and parmesan cheese. I drizzled them with a bit of olive oil and popped the tray back into the oven for about 5 minutes until the butter melted and the cheese was starting to toast. We ate our oyster treat with plenty of garlic bread to soak up the flavorful butter. James said "Wow."

No comments:

Post a Comment