Sunday, September 23, 2012

What Zack Had For His Birthday

 Zack's mother Karen is my oldest friend. We made posters when she ran for class treasurer. We mocked up pages for the school yearbook when she was editor. We shared teenage parties and dateless saturday nights. After all these years we're still working out projects together.
 Karen's son turns 6 on Tuesday. Today 24 if his friends and their parents came to celebrate at a cowboy themed party (a favorite of mine). I love to cook for a party, and being away from home for so long I really miss my kitchen so I was happy to jump in and rustle up a buffet of sandwiches and kid-friendly treats on sticks.
 Peanut butter and jelly boots.
 Grown up sandwiches with prosciutto, arugula, olive oil, balsamic peaches, and parmesan cheese.
 Caprese on a skewer with balsamic vinaigrette. Cowboy shaped turkey and cheese.
Happy Birthday Zack!

No comments:

Post a Comment