Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Breakfast

 James mentioned the other day that he had been craving cinnamon rolls. "The kind they sell with the thick white icing," he explained.
I've been wanted an excuse to try an overnight cinnamon roll recipe -- the kind that take a long rise in the fridge before baking in time for breakfast. Sounds just like Christmas to me.I started with a recipe from -- someone I have never trusted before -- Food Network's Alton Brown. His dough was fairly similar to the parker house rolls I made for our Christmas eve dinner, milk butter eggs and just a bit more sugar. Easy enough. But Alton advocates a cream cheese frosting and I knew that was not the sticky super sweet white James had in mind. I whipped up a glaze of  1 cup powdered sugar, 2 TB melted butter, 2 TB milk and a dash of vanilla.
Merry Christmas Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment