Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Spaghetti

I spent some of the afternoon fretting over what to do with summer squash. Our backyard harvest has been pretty small this summer so mercifully it's not a question I've had to answer too often this year. arts and quiches and stews crossed my mind but I finally settled n a light summer spaghetti. I had all the ingredients in the house. First I I spent some of the afternoon fretting over what to do with summer squash. Our backyard harvest has been pretty small this summer so mercifully it's not a question I've had to answer too often this year. Tarts and quiches and stews crossed my mind but I finally settled on a light summer spaghetti. I had all the ingredients in the house. First I roasted thin slices of yellow squash with whole unpeeled cloves of garlic, thyme sprigs, S&P and a good dousing of olive oil for about 25 minutes at 450ยบ. When the pasta was drained I added it and the squash and a couple of those roasted cloves of garlic (peeled now) back into the cooking pot with a bit of cooking water, a knob of butter, fresh basil, S&P and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I gave everything a good stir and served the pasta in a bowl topped with a dollop of fresh ricotta and chopped basil. A summery supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment