Friday, March 12, 2010

Not Dinner But Still Pretty Delish

It's early strawberry season in Southern California and of course I went a little overboard at the farmer's market. Berries were starting to pile up in the fridge so I figured that was a good excuse to whip up a breakfast treat for the big man.
These are just a basic muffin recipe. I mixed the dry ingredients in a bowl (2 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 TB brown sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt) and added 2 cups f chopped strawberries. In a separate bowl I mixed 1 egg, 3/4 cup of buttermilk 2/3 cup of canola oil and 1 tsp of vanilla extract). I lightly folded the wet ingredients into the "dry", filled a 12 muffin tin and baked for about 22 minutes in a preheated 375ยบ oven.
Perfect with morning coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment