Monday, March 29, 2010

Turkey Meatballs, One More Time

James is pretty easy to please. He is willing to try and like just about anything but when it comes down to it, he likes pizza (well, melted cheese on just about anything), potatoes, hamburgers, spaghetti, and perhaps above all meatballs. Spaghetti and meatballs is always a sure fire hit. Plus, I've been trying to stock up the freezer since work is taking me out of town for a bit so meatballs seemed like an easy to reheat future dinner for the big man.
I made up a quick tomato sauce -- olive oil, garlic, onion, carrot, canned tomatoes, fresh oregano (I pulled out the basil plant last week) and let that bubble on the stove until it was nice and thick. Then I mixed ground turkey, a few links of leftover turkey Italian sausage, bread crumbs, 1 egg, grated Parmesan cheese, diced onion, chopped parsley, minced garlic, a couple TBs of ketchup (I know it's crazy but it helps keep them moist and delicious), and S&P and formed the mixture into bigger than golf ball sized meatballs. Taking a cue from Thomas Keller --and not wanting to clean yet another pan, instead of frying these meatballs I baked them at 450ยบ for about 15 minutes and them popped them in the sauce to wait until the spaghetti was cooked.
Spaghetti and meatballs at our house = happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment