Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Last Minute Grilled Skirt Steak

Easy. Quick Cooking. Delicious.
Before I left for work I whipped up a quick marinade of equal parts (3 TB) soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and four cloves of garlic pureed in the blender. I left that along with the thawing steak in the fridge and while I drove home James pre-heated the oven to 450 degrees and started the grill so it was nice and hot when I walked in the door.
I dressed chopped broccoli rabe with olive oil, salt and pepper and popped it (on a sheet pan) in the hot oven to roast. The meat marinated for 15 minutes in the sweet savory glaze. While the steaks grilled I sprinkled the broccoli with a good dose of shredded parmesan and set it back in the oven until the cheese melted and I dressed mixed re-heated cooked beans with olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, chili peppers and S&P for a warm bean salad side. Another weeknight dinner that feels slow but is ready in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment