Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sandwich Night

James came home late from work and wondering if we had something for a "snack" in the house. I went through the usual list . . . pizza, spaghetti, toasties (that's open-faced toasted bread -- usually with cheese -- around here), grilled cheese. "Oooh," James said. So I started on a couple grilled cheese sandwiches. I always try to do something a little different so today I layered prosciutto, butter, arugula, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and a thin spread of Italian mostarda -- a sweet and tangy fruit flavored mustard -- on rustic peasant bread. I heated some butter and olive oil in a skillet, laid the sandwiches in the hot pan and pressed down with a heavy lid, flipped and cooked until each side was golden brown and crispy.
We always love Thursday sandwich night at Campanile, but tonight was grilled cheese night at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment