Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Club

Sandwiches for dinner. A grilled chicken club sandwich. Simple.
Following a recipe from Bill and Cheryl Alters Jamison, I marinated chicken breasts in worcestershire sauce and a tiny dash of canola oil for about an hour in the fridge. Meanwhile I cooked up a couple slices of bacon and made up a spicy pecan butter by cooking 1/4 cup of diced onion in 6 TBs of butter, along with a good dash of cayenne, until the onion had softened. I brushed the chicken with the butter and grilled for about four minutes on a side until just cooked through.
I layered mustard, red onion, lettuce, chicken, and bacon -- drizzling with pecan butter as I built -- and topped the now towering sandwich with a slice of Swiss cheese. After a turn under the broiler to melt the cheese I served up James' dinner with a side of olive oil fried potatoes -- home-grown, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment