Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pot Roast

Maybe pot roast isn't for us. It's easy and homey somehow but also -- let's face it -- dull. I make lots of slow cooked meat dishes but the standard New England style dish never seems as good as the idea. But, if I were a pot roast fan I'd be pulling this super easy recipe out time and time again. Since I've been working so much I've been spending a lot of leisure time sorting through easy make ahead and slow cooker recipes. It doesn't get much easier than this.
In the bottom of the crock pot mix 1 TB cornstarch with 2TB cool water until smooth. Add in eight peeled carrots, cut in thirds, two onions cut in eighths, S&P and toss. Lay a trimmed chuck roast (about 3 lbs) on top and sprinkle with 2 TB Worcestershire sauce on top. Cook on low for about 10 hours.
Maybe, better than dinner this could be a good recipe for when we need roast beef sandwiches for a crowd. Thinly sliced with caramelized onions and melted Gruyere cheese I think the big man might feel differently about the slow cooker specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment