Sunday, October 3, 2010

Italian Fried Chicken

Giada De Laurentiis brings out the secret, hidden Anthony Bourdain (culinary bad boy, demon seed, professional hater -- take your pick) in me. She seems like a perfectly nice woman and yet everything about her irritates me. I cannot stand to watch her show (any of them) or hear her voice, am annoyed by her Italian style made in China cookware, and think her recipes are pedestrian at best -- except for one. Without knowing where it came from I tried a recipe for Italian fried chicken which became an immediate hit around here. And it's so simple. I marinate a cut up chicken in 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1 1/2 tsp salt. I let that sit in the fridge for at least a couple hours if not a whole day. Then I sprinkle the chicken with pepper, dredge it in flour and fry it in hot olive oil until it is golden brown and superbly crisp. Fried in hot olive oil, crispy delicious, lemony, and I got the idea from Giada. The shame of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment