Sunday, October 31, 2010

We're not beer drinkers. In fact we're really not drinkers at all -- I know, not very epicurean of me, but true. So some left over beer we bought for a dinner party a little ways back was really clogging our shelves. I had to find a way to use that up. Tonight we are going to a friend's house for dinner. She asked us to bring the bread so I used up a few of those bottles making some quick rye bread loaves. I stirred together 2 cups of flour, 1 1/4 cup of rye flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 TB baking powder. In a separate bowl I mixed 2 TB of molasses, 12 oz of room temperature beer, and about 2 B of water. I added the liquid to the dry ingredients, gave it all a good stir and put it in a greased dutch oven to bake for about and hour and 15 minutes at 325ยบ.
Bread for dinner and more room in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment