Sunday, November 28, 2010

Asparagus Pasta

I needed something quick and easy that would use up the asparagus I had nearly forgotten about in the vegetable bin. That says pasta and I started salted water boiling. I blanched the cut asparagus in the water for about 2 minutes and then added in into a skillet where I had sautéed a chopped shallot and one minced clove of garlic in olive oil and butter. I poured in just a bit of heavy cream and a couple cubes -- minus the rind, of delicious, dense goat's milk clochette cheese. I cooked that for just a few minutes, added in the drained pasta (long ziti today, although I think the shorter shapes are better with a sauce like this, James loves the long round noodles), salt, pepper, and a bit of grated lemon zest. After a couple turns in the pan dinner was served.

No comments:

Post a Comment