Sunday, April 17, 2011

Buttermilk Pork Chops

I saved a recipe somewhere that just described soaking pork chops in buttermilk for a couple hours (or even overnight) before pan frying to keep the chops moist. Since I had both chops and buttermilk I decided to give it a try. James' chops soaked for about 12 hours and then I patted them dry, seasoned each side with salt and pepper and laid them in a hot skillet coated with olive oil for 4 minutes. I turned the chops and put the skillet into a 425ยบ oven for 10 minutes. After resting for another 5 minutes the pork was perfectly cooked, tender and juicy.
To go with his chops I stirred up some fresh peas with bacon and cream sauce topped with fried, crispy leeks and some buttermilk biscuits to share the hot oven. A perfect Sunday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment