Friday, April 8, 2011

Eggs For Dinner

Thanks to the girls and spring coming we have plenty of eggs so I decided, continuing my week of dinners from the garden, to bake James a little casserole of eggs. I melted olive oil (about 1 TB) and butter (about 1/2 TB) under the broiler (with the pans on the second rack down to be a bit further from the flame) and then poured in three raw eggs. I topped the eggs with finely chopped herbs (parsley, marjoram, and oregano was what I had on hand) and garlic and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I popped the casserole back under the broiler for about 5 minutes until the eggs were not quite set. They finished cooking by resting for a minute (out of the oven) before being served. James had some buttered rosemary toast for dipping.
Fresh backyard eggs for a bistro style supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment