Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Random Pork Pizza

We are pizza eaters. I make James some home-cooked pie at least twice a month and I always think it's a good way to recycle, well re-purpose, some ingredients from the fridge. Today I had the leftover end of a garlic salami (saucisson a l'ail) and the last bits of a pork terrine. I sliced those thinly and laid them on the herb and garlic crust (yes -- thank you Trader Joe's), drizzled with olive oil. Next came slivers of red onion and sliced mushrooms. I topped James' pie with fresh burrata I found in the cheese case at Costco, crushed red peppers, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. The fresh cheese made the crust a little wetter than I like so I popped it back in for extra toasting (an extra 5 minutes at 500ยบ).
No complaints from James. He went back for thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment