Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sort Of Macaroni And Cheese

In between rushing through the kitchen cooking up dishes for the freezer to keep James fed while I'm away, James walked in and looking happily into a pot of pasta and chard fresh from our garden he said," Is this dinner?"
Well no, it wasn't supposed to be. But, I quickly changed course and headed the collards beans and sausage dish I was stirring towards the freezer and whipped up a quick white sauce -- a very cheesy white sauce. I didn't have quite enough milk for all that pasta so I thinned the sauce with some of the pasta cooking water which gave this decidedly rich dish a deceptively light feel. Chard, pasta, cheese, sausage and a little time in the oven for dinnertime magic. And and a couple for the freezer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment