Friday, October 5, 2012

Apple Brownies

Apples are still in season around here. So I'm still trolling the internet for ways to use them up. I've canned, I've jellied, I've rolled out pies. Today for a simple dessert I happened upon a recipe from Martha Stewart for apple brownies. Not chocolate but simple and quick and really delicious. I creamed 1 sick of melted butter with 1 cup of sugar and 1 egg under pale yellow. I stirred in 2 apple chopped into 1/2" pieces and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. Lastly I stirred in 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking soda blended together. I scraped the batter into a oblong pyrex dish ( I think it was 7" x 13") and baked for about 40 minutes at 350ยบ. Simple.
For dinner I "frosted" the top with spicy apple butter and dusted with powdered sugar but these are just as good right out of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment