Friday, January 11, 2013

Spaghetti 2013

First spaghetti of 2013.
Spaghetti is a staple around here. The sauce is never quite the same. Unless I am making James' favorite spaghetti and clam sauce -- I try not to mess with that.
Tonight I took all the little ends of pancetta and salami in the meat drawer, chopped them up and tossed them in a frying pan to render out a little tasty fat. I helped out with a little extra olive oil. I sprinkled in some salt and chili flakes and then added about 1/3 head of very thinly sliced cauliflower to cook in the tasty oil. While the spaghetti was boiling I tossed a little cooking water into the cauliflower and covered the vegetable loosely to cook through.
When the pasta was drained I mixed in the cauliflower, a pat of butter, and a splash more of the cooking water and gave everything a good stir. Topped with grated parmesan cheese that was our first pasta 2013. many, many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment