Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back For A Birthday Burger

 After a week of computer crashes, genius bar appointments and general computing and electronic heartache I'm more than glad to be back at home and back on line.
A week like that called for comfort food. Old fashioned American. And since it just happened to be my birthday -- don't ask what number I can't believe it enough to say it out loud myself -- James thought lunch "out on the town" might be just the thing. With the choice completely up to me I opted for Marin Sun Farms in nearby Pt. Reyes Station. I've passed by many times but never managed to wander in before. This combination cafe and butcher shop specializes in burgers with local grass fed beef, pork, goat and lamb along with house cured ham and bacon.
I looked over the short menu and decided on the "black and blue" -- angus beef topped with Pt Reyes blue cheese and an arugula and red onion salad. Flavorful and juicy and the perfect birthday meal. Turns out MSF was out of lamb and goat today -- either if those would have been my choice if available. That just makes good reason for James to take me back for burgers again. A birthday lunch with a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment