Monday, July 9, 2012

Rustic Collar Green Pie

The garden is still turning our armloads of collards, chard, and kale so I'm on the lookout for new recipes. I found this rustic style tart on Sara Moulton's web site. I took her initial idea, combined it with the ingredients I had on hand for this dinnertime specialty. First I made up a flaky, Italian style (with egg yolks) pie crust. For the filling I mixed sautéed collards, garlic, and onions, ricotta cheese, 2 eggs and cubed mozzarella. I added oregano, S&P, and a dash of chili peppers with a couple small yukon gold potatoes I peeled and mashed into the filling. I poured the filling in to the rolled out crust, folded over the crust edges for a rustic look and popped the whole thing into the oven. After 40 minutes at 375º we had a new way to use the garden's bounty and a new dish for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment