Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Favorite Corner

When we arrived here this now beautiful apple tree was a sad lonely specimen. I thought we might lose her. I pruned and fed and trimmed and painted and now she is the anchor of my favorite part of our garden in progress. First we built her this decorative length of fence from reclaimed boards, and then I planted. A trip to nearby Russian River Roses added these cheery pink ballerina roses and long flowering, exuberant salvia indigo spires to the rhubarb and alpine strawberries under the tree. The grapes are twining down the fence and volunteer sunflowers from wild birds and our nearby bird feeder dot half  the orchard. I can see this now full and fruitful tree from our bedroom window and I love to watch the birds (and the apples) come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment