Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Real Freezer Dinner

This time we had to have the real freezer dinner. Our fridge just suddenly died and as things were slowly melting, in spite of the bags of ice sweet James keeps bringing home, it seemed better to eat the stores than throw them away. With his wife out of town, our friend Eric was happy to come and help whittle down the freezer stores -- and to take home the leftovers since we had no fridge and no where to store them.
I didn't cook at all. I popped the semi frozen empanadas on a baking tray and popped them in the oven along with a couple bags of frozen fries (yes now you know, even I have them around sometimes). I thought chili might be a nice side so I took out a freezer container of black bean chili and heated it up. Dinner, such as it is, was served. The new refrigerator comes today.
Thanks for the photo Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment