Thursday, June 10, 2010

Simply Delicious

There is nothing easier.
A shrimp boil for dinner.
I had a couple pounds of "gulf" pink shrimp and some small potatoes from our yard and beer no one was drinking in the fridge (I guess that's why you don't hear people exclaim "I love Italian beer" all that often -- it was on sale).
I poured 3 bottles of beer and 3 TBs of old bay seasoning into a pot and dropped in about 10 small potatoes. I brought the pot up to a boil and allowed the potatoes to bubble along for about 8 minutes until almost tender. In went the shrimp. I brought the beer back to a boil and cooked the shrimp for about 5 minutes until just tender and pink opaque throughout. Drained the pot and filled a platter for the table.
I hear down in Key West they serve these tasty peel and eat shrimp with a lime dijon mayonnaise dip.
James abhors mayonnaise and the whole creamy white food family of related products (sour cream for one -- and I love him anyway) so for us it's a spicy horseradish heavy cocktail sauce (ketchup, hot sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire, lemon juice and chili sauce if we have it).

No comments:

Post a Comment