Thursday, May 26, 2011

Everyone Loves Pie

Truth be told, the other night's pie was nice to look at but not a good crust. Just not a good pie. I tried a new recipe and let's just say I was not happy with the result. I felt the need to redeem my pie making abilities (and reputation) with another effort. Today's dessert, cool creamy buttermilk pie, one of my favorites. I made a flaky crust (back to Nick Malgieri's fool proof recipe) and laid it into a pie plate. Then mixed 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 TB of flour, 1 stick of butter (melted), 1 TB of bourbon, and 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk. I poured the filling into the fluted crust and baked for 40 minutes at 325ยบ. Let the pie cool before serving and you will be rewarded with a slightly tangy, almost lemony (though there is no lemon in the recipe) delicate custard filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment