Thursday, May 5, 2011

Grilled Pork Chops

A week or so back I put some pork chops with a buttermilk marinade in the freezer for a future meal. Today I defrosted the package and heated up the grill for James' dinner.
After I drained the chops from the buttermilk (the marinade had onions and hot sauce and garlic in addition to buttermilk) and coated them in a mixture of panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano, and S&P. The breading on grilled food may be unusual but I find with pork chops that can easily dry out it helps protect the meat and keep it nice and juicy. All it takes is five minutes on each side over a medium hot fire. On the side I served lemon roasted potatoes and a frisée salad with crispy radishes, roasted asparagus, and tangy sheep's milk cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment