Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grilled Chicken

Memorial Day Weekend -- the official holiday of grilling.
I soaked chicken drumsticks in a mixture of buttermilk, S&P, and cayenne for about 12 hours to tenderize the meat, and then laid them on the hot grill, along with a load of sliced vegetables, to crisp on each side. Then I turned the grill to medium and let everything cook through (about 15 minutes for the chicken). As the vegetables came off the grill I drizzled them in a fresh parsley sauce (1 cup parsley, 6 TB olive oil, juice of one lemon, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp crushed red chiles, salt mixed in the food processor). To give the chicken a bit of lemony flavor, just before the piece were cooked through I rolled them in a mixture of 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 TB olive oil (I cooked the garlic in the olive oil until it just started to sizzle), 1/4 cup lemon juice and a tsp of dried oregano and placed them back on the grill to crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment