Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stuffed Zucchini

These little round zucchini always seem like they are begging to be stuffed. Today I made a Sicilian style filling with fresh bread crumbs, currants, pine nuts, ham, salami, parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, parsley, a pinch of chili peppers, and the flesh of the squash I removed sautéed in olive oil until soft. I mixed the filling together and stuffed it into the prepared squash. I had a little extra filling so a couple of peppers found their way to the dish. Before I popped the vegetables in the oven I sautéed a thinly sliced onion until golden, deglazed the pan with a splash of white wine and finished with a knob of sweet butter. I poured the onions of over the zucchini and peppers in the baking dish and popped them in the oven for 45 minutes at 350º.

No comments:

Post a Comment