Thursday, April 26, 2012

Polenta And Greens

Another play for my super easy oven-baked polenta. While the cornmeal cooked (without stirring or any work from me) in the oven, I sautéed Italian sausage with garlic and crushed red peppers. When the sausage was browned I took it out of the skillet and rendered some chopped pancetta for a little extra flavor. Then I tossed in ribbons of kale a splash of water and a sprinkle of salt. The kale cooked, covered, for 5 minutes until well wilted. To finish I added the sausage back in along with a good dollop of olive oil, about 3/4 cup of cooked cannellini beans and nearly 1 cup of the bean cooking liquid. I let the mixture simmer for a couple minutes while I served up the creamy polenta.
Hearty cold weather food for a brisk April night.

No comments:

Post a Comment