Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taco Night

A pound of pork sausage in the fridge. Defrosted and almost in the fridge too long. I didn't want to banish it back to the freezer so I needed a dinner idea that was quick (it's been a pretty big day) and pork ready. This was pretty mild sausage so I decided to spice it up a bit and make a quick chorizo. In the blender I combined crushed red peppers (I should have used the who toasted chiles but that would mean more time and maybe more dirty dishes), chili powder, paprika, cumin, cilantro, garlic, S&P, apple cider vinegar and warm water until smooth.  I mixed that into the sausage and fried the meat in a hot skillet with olive oil and chopped onions.  After about 8 minutes, when the sausage was cooked and a bit crisp I added in peeled, cooked potatoes and mashed them into the sausage. Ten minutes later the mixture was spicy and ready to be spooned into tortillas for a quick taco dinner with leftovers for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment