Saturday, August 28, 2010

James Gets His Potatoes

No unusual fries tonight. After last night's "cruel joke" I fried up a little pile of baby potatoes from our garden for James' dinner. Just slightly bigger than a marble these pink tubers are just about the last of our spring potatoes -- it's nearly time to put in a new crop.
I dropped the halved spuds in hot oil (I admit it, I saved the oil from yesterday's squash) until they were tender inside and crisp outside. Meanwhile I dipped thin slices of pork cutlet in beaten egg and then in a mixture of panko bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese. The cutlets only take about 5 minutes to brown in a hot pan with oil and butter. I kept all of that warm for just a few minutes while I sautéed some spinach in the pan from the cutlets.
A super quick dinner with crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment