Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Double Grill Pan Dinner

Driving home from work I was dreaming up ways to use my new grill pan and came up with this doubled grilled dinner. First I rubbed the pan with a bit of olive oil and laid in some trimmed asparagus sprinkled with coarse salt. I let the spears color in the very hot pan. They weren't quite as tender as I wanted so when the color was right I splashed the pan with a bit of water and the resulting steam finished the asparagus perfectly.
Next I prepped some sandwiches. The rosemary bread was thinly spread with butter and Dijon mustard. I topped the bread with 1 slice of prosciutto, several spears of grilled asparagus, a sprinkle of nutmeg, and slices of gruyere cheese. I buttered the outside of the sandwiches just a bit and laid them in the grill pan with the Le Creuset panini press (a weighted ridged lid with a handle) on top. Five minutes on a side and we had creamy melted cheese and beautiful Martha Stewart eat your heart out grill marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment