Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scallops and Broccoli

It seems an unlikely combination. But after searching the fridge and finding a few online references to pasta sauces and stir-frys, I decided to whip up this simple broccoli scallop combo. James loves broccoli.
More or less following a recipe from Jacques Pepin (how bad can that be?) I spilled 3 TB of olive oil in a large skillet with a lid and tossed in some crushed red chiles and two minced cloves of garlic. After a quick stir I added in 1/3 cup broccoli, about a pound of broccoli florets and a pinch of salt. I covered the pan and let the broccoli cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile I tossed the scallops with a TB of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp dried thyme and seared them on both sides in a hot pan. I plated the broccoli and scallops and served them drizzled with a quick balsamic vinaigrette (2 parts oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar) S&P). Not so elegant maybe, but no complaints from James.

No comments:

Post a Comment