Monday, February 1, 2010

Backyard Lettuce Salad and Crusty Whole Wheat Bread



Consider this the start of the bread a week challenge. I've been poking around through Jim Lahey's Bread Book since the big man gave it to me for Christmas. This crusty whole wheat bread was so successful I am determined to make every recipe in the book. I'm no Julie and Julia (and I've got more than a 9 to 5 job) so I'll just start with a loaf a weekend. So far this version of Lahey's no knead classic is a family favorite.
Bread this good deserves to be more than a side, more than an accompaniment. So to let this hero loaf shine I picked a basket of fresh lettuces from out back yard patch and whipped up a simple Meyer lemon vinaigrette (we are one of the lucky ones with backyard tree). Fresh, simple, delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment