Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Beef Is Here

Finally, our cattle share from the Hearst Ranch is here, I unpacked a huge box of steaks, roasts, chops, and Heart Ranch's delicious ground beef and figured that James needed a break from joining me in my detox dinners. The perfect time for a steakhouse supper.
I rubbed the filet (James' favorite cut) with a drizzle of vegetable oil and then packed a combo of Maldon salt and cracked black peppercorns onto the meat and seared it on all sides in a dry cast iron skillet I'd heated on the stove for 10 minutes. After the meat was browned on all sides I popped the skillet into a 450ยบ oven for about 8 minutes to cook through.
On the side some country style mashed potatoes with spuds from our garden and fresh steamed broccoli dusted with parmesan cheese.
"That was a really good dinner, honey" James said.
Mission Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment