Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vegetables For Dinner

It was getting late and I really didn't have a plan for dinner, so I took a look in the vegetable drawers. I found yellow squash, mushrooms, and half a head of cauliflower. I sliced and chopped everything up into pretty uniform sizes along with an onion I cut into thick wedges and added it to a deep pan along with a good glug of olive oil. I stirred the vegetables around in the oil for about a minute ad then aded in two sliced cloves of garlic and about 1 cup of water. I covered the pan and let the vegetables cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes. I uncovered the pan and let everything cook -- along with 1/2 a can of chick peas I found in the fridge until the water had cooked down a bit and everything was tender. Next I stirred in about 1/3 cup of pesto sauce and warmed it through. Dinner was served topped with a hefty wedge of delicate burrata cheese and an olive oil fried egg -- fresh from our hen house.

No comments:

Post a Comment