Thursday, July 15, 2010

Garden Fresh Pasta Dinner

Dinner in a hurry. While the orecchiette were boiling I sautéed the filling from two links of Italian sausage in olive oil. When the sausage was browned I removed it to a plate and added 2 sliced cloves of garlic and a pinch of crushed red peppers to the pan. After about 30 seconds I added in one large bunch (chopped) of chicory -- straight from out garden. I let that cook, covered, with a little water for about 2 minutes. Then added the sausage back in and cooked for about 5 minutes more. When the pasta was tender I added it along with 1/3 cup of the cooking water and 1/4 mixed pecorino and parmesan cheeses to the pan and gave everything a good stir over medium heat. Just before serving, off heat, I tossed in a heavy TB of chopped fresh mint. A speedy taste of Southern Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment