Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Steamed Clams and Corn


Really simple and really good. I found this recipe while reading Martha Stewart Living at the gym. Yes, I admit it, I read food magazines while I do my cardio -- I get quite a few odd looks. But this is a super simple delicious recipe. All I did was sauté two chopped shallots in olive oil along with a sliced jalapeno. After about 2 minutes I added 1/2 cup of white wine and brought that to a simmer over high heat and added in 3 ears of corn cut into "coins" (little rounds) and almost 4 lbs of little neck clams. I covered the pot and let it steam until the clams were all open -- about 12 minutes for these good sized littlenecks. I garnished the dish with some roughly chopped cilantro, brought out some nice crusty bread to dunk in the juices and served. Easy, delicious, summery. I'm already working on different flavor combinations to use with this super simple method.

No comments:

Post a Comment